Selecting a name was pretty easy this time around!! We picked the name, Frances Marie because it is a family name and because of the beautiful prayer by St. Francis of Assisi…
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Other possible names we considered— Saylor, Georgie Grace and Olive.
FRANKIE won out and we all think it is just perfect for her.
Some of my favorite little gifts for little people–
1. Handmade stationary set with library style stamp! (2010)
2. Scratch-N-Sniff Gingerbread Puppets. (2009) I use white glue and sprinkle with Christmasy spices. These might make stockings smell yummy!
3. Hand Sketched Match & Color Cards (2010)
4. Felt Snowman Game (2009) These are fun to package up in a tiny tin.
5. Fancy Cookies in a BOX 6. Felt Pizza (here!) 7. Poker Chip ABC Matching Game 8. “Hope you have a BALL this Christmas!” Treats
Isn’t this a precious little pink crown? (Thank you ADRIANE!)
Size comparison!! Frankie sleeping next to my 9.5 shoes.
Waking up next to this sweet-breathed bundle is like a dream.
The big kids have to draw numbers to see who gets to hold her first. Lots of fighting going on here! Lots of loving too!
She is spending about 75% of her days sleeping and the other 25% nursing. Maybe toss in a percentage or two for tears and diaper changes!?
Thank you Heavenly Father
for these hazy days.
I’m not sure if it is day or night.
But I know you are in control.
My heart is full of gratitude.
May I never forget what an absolute
honor & privilege it is raise these precious children.
Help me be the mother You would have me be.
Circa 2010: Snowball fight survival kits! Original post HERE.
Circa 2009: Inside each pastry bag is peppermint hot cocoa mix + a mini accordion photo card.
Circa 2009: Okay, this isn’t really edible, but almost! Tucked inside each coffee cup is a Starbucks gift card… Tags via Heather Ann
Circa 2009: Gingerbread House in a Jar! I think this makes for a fun gift for local friends, because they can enjoy a little Christmasy decor and then use the glass jar all year long! Original idea via Martha Stewart Magazine
Circa 2009: Headless gingerbread cookie!! hehehehe… that’s what happens before we can give away most edible GIFTS around here!
Tis the season for
Christmas stories beneath the tree
sticky candy cane kisses
“blanket” sleigh rides on the living room floor!
loving, creating, and celebrating the most WONDEROUS time of the year!
Blaise’s expression here makes me laugh!
I hope you feel the warm love of Christ in your heart as you prepare for this season!!!
Frankie helped me order room service every day! How can you beat breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed?
Here she is in front of the menu.
She didn’t get around to wearing her hospital outfits.
Too tired to help me fill out all the paper work!
“I’m a GIRL” card from her hospital bassinet.
Don’t even think about leaving a photographer alone with a sleeping baby in a hospital room for three days! I had an absolute ball in hospital. After such a scary delivery, I savored and enjoyed all the quiet moments alone with Frankie. The nursing staff was out-of-this world exceptional. I’m hoping to send them a great big THANK YOU BOX once I can put something special together.
1. In my lap 2. Newspaper for the day after she was born 3. My birthing basket 4. Sleepy head!
Frankie’s birthday was a hard, yet beautiful day. We moved from the birthing center to the hospital for an emergency c-section because I suffered from an ovarian torsion and placental abruption. The pain was unreal. I am forever thankful that God orchestrated my labor and delivery so beautifully– Frankie is healthy!! I am recovering!! I will always remember her birthday as a miracle. I never want to forget the hand of our amazing God in all of these moments.
Thank you all for your loving prayers and wishes!
Really really thankful.
Wishing you a Thanksgiving celebration filled with EVERYTHING you are thankful for!
joined our family on
at 10:49 AM
These are pics from my hospital bed! We took a unexpected trip from the birthing center to the hospital on Friday, but everyone is home now. Frankie is healthy and we are all insanely happy!
Our hearts are about to burst with joy and graditude.