This was our very last 52 SMILES activity!
Christmas CANS for KIDS!
We wanted to do something really fun to celebrate the end of our year long project! This was our version of a mini family food drive. Santa went door-to-door and passed out candy canes while he collected non-perishable food items. He had such a blast. You should have seen the joy on Santa’s face when folks gave him bags of food. Almost every house we visited donated food!
52 SMILES FOLKS— My hat goes off to EACH and EVERY ONE of you who participated in this project! Whether you did 52 or 5 or 500… big kind acts or small kind acts… THANK YOU. YOU are making a difference. Thank you for sharing your love and kindness with our world. I would love to hear about your favorite projects!! Please email photos or stories of your favorite kindness activities from this last year. I am forever inspired by YOU!
Hi 52 Smile Folks!
Let’s spread some smiles with BOOKS!!!
BOOK LOVE IDEAS
1. I love THIS IDEA!!!! via Jodiefied
2. Attach a ribbon and note to an inspirational book. Leave it for a stranger to find and enjoy! We used 365 Ways to Live Happy: Simple Ways to Find Joy in Everyday for our surprise-a-stranger gift.
3. Go through your kid’s library and collect books that they have outgrown. Deliver books to a kids play area, local shelter or children’s hospital.
4. If your children attend public school you are sure to see lots of book orders! Have your child select an extra book or two. Request that your donation be used for a student who needs a pick-me-up.
5. Host your own “book drive” and round up a nice collection of books from family and friends. Deliver books to a retirement community or nursing home.
6. Locate a place in your community where you can volunteer to read to someone! Share your voice.
If you are new here, 52 Smiles is a year long project were we intentionally do one out-of-the-ordinary act of kindness each week.
Read more: HERE We would love to have you join in with us. You can start YOUR 52 at ANYTIME!
Let me know how your BOOK LOVE goes! xoxoxoxox
Completely inspired by the CARD DROPS at Kind Over Matter
we went around town to leave happy little surprises for kids and adults alike!
The idea behind “card drops” is to leave something for a stranger—
it could be a kind word, encouraging note or exact change to buy treat.
“The smallest act of kindness
is worth more than the
Every act of kindness counts.
Don’t have time for a card drop? YOU could—
Buy a candy bar for a gas station attendant.
Hold a door.
Drop a dollar in the toy isle (on purpose!).
Leave change in a soda machine.
Ready. Set. GO spread the kindness friends!!!!!!!
P.S. Link for the complete HAPPY FACE THEME— here!