Day Seven: A FUN DAY BOX!
I was trying to think of a final gift idea to share with you just as I started editing these photographs… and why not?! How neat would it be to give a FUN DAY box to anyone with kids? or anyone who is a kid at heart!!? Just pick a Christmasy theme and pack a box full of goodies to celebrate that theme! Games, books, activities, crafts… the ideas are endless. You could mix up an eclectic collection of handmade, new and vintage items for an unforgettable festive day!
Here is a SANTA DAY example!
Day Six: Christmas Eve Kit!
Cookies for St. Nick– Cookie Mix
Magic Reindeer Food– Oats, Sprinkles and a little spoon to mix!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa– Packets
Extra Christmas Kisses– Hersey Kisses
Santa’s Stationary Set– Festive paper, Christmasy pencils and a fun eraser
SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!– Snow in a can (just in case the real white stuff doesn’t make an appearance…)
Day Five: A Book and Craft Kit!
For this present, which was actually part of our REINDEER DAY, I included a book, a hot cocoa packet, small craft kit and treat! I tied everything up with a ribbon and candy cane. Easy as can be!!!
Day Four: Movie Night!!!
For me this gift represents the simple pleasure of both relaxing and celebrating with loved ones.
Ready for the BUDDY test?! (Answers at the end of this post! Don’t even think about cheating if you received this gift in the mail– DAD!!) Feel free to copy and print TRIVIA for your own movie night!
1. What does Buddy draw on his etch-a-sketch?
1. Santa clause
2. Mrs. Clause
3. Mona Lisa
4. A fireplace
2. Who was originally offered the role of Buddy?
1. Rob Lowe
2. Jim Carey
3. Tom hanks
3. Name three of the foods Buddy puts on his leftover spaghetti.
4. What year was movie released?
5. What present did Buddy buy has dad for Christmas?
1. A pancake maker
2. Santa lingerie
3. A Santa hat
4. An elf suit
6. What did Buddy admit to shoving in the VCR in his goodbye note to his dad and step mom?
7. Buddy the Elf’s suit was reportedly inspired by…
1. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Claymation characters
2. Macy’s Christmas window display of 1941
3. John Denver’s first Christmas album cover
4. Mickey mouse’s Santa costume from 1952
8. A few of the sets in the movie were filmed in/at…
1. The North Pole
2. In an abandoned mental hospital (same as Freddy vs. Jason)
3. The same location as the titanic
9. Buddy ate cotton balls at the doctor’s office. The cotton balls were actually…
1. Pre-dyed cotton candy
2. Real cotton balls
3. Pin pong balls
4. Doughnut holes
10. The TV news clip of Buddy walking through Central Park was inspired by the infamous 1967 footage of Bigfoot. T/F
11. Ralphie from “A Christmas Story” plays a cameo role as an elf. T/F
12. Will Farrell once worked as a department store ELF? T/F
TRIVIA ANSWERS–1.) 3 2.) 2 3.) Chocolate Pop Tarts, Chocolate Syrup, Marshmallows, etc… 4.) 2 5.) 2 6.) 1 7.) 1 8.) 2 9.) 1 10.) TRUE 11.) TRUE 12.) Nope! but he did play a SANTA!
Day Three: Fresh Hot Delivery from the North Pole!
Isn’t this the most incredible gift for a teenager? Or how neat would it be to have a couple of these ready to serve to homeless folks?! I used Scotch double sided tape to adhere the money. Quarters or one dollar coins are prefect for pepperoni. This idea is straight from Pinterest.
I was having so much fun creating “The 12 Games of Christmas” that I decided to make a smaller, do-it-yourself version, for my game lovin’ family and friends. This gift includes a half dozen or so games that can be played without much preparation. Most are silly and easy Minute-to-Win-it style… h/t: Ministry to Children, Growing Kids Ministry,and Pinterest!
you are welcome to use these printables:
(for personal, not-for-profit use only please!)
I have a whole week of gift ideas to share with you during this glorious gift-giving season!
Day one: The 12 GAMES of CHRISTMAS!!!
For this gift I wrapped up twelve of our favorite classic board and card games. I added a few cheesy homemade (I’ll share that tomorrow) and store bought holiday games too. My idea was that our wonderful friends could use this as a countdown to the big day all while enjoying special family time together. Or they could open them all at once have a game night extravaganza!